- May 08: Senator John Faulkner (ALP-Vic) delivers his maiden speech.
- May 08: Senator Chris Puplick responds to John Faulkner’s speech.
- May 09: After being deposed as Liberal Party leader by Andrew Peacock, John Howard is asked if he will be loyal to the re-instated leader.
- May 09: Liberal leader John Howard and National Party leader Ian Sinclair are dumped by their parties. Andrew Peacock and Charles Blunt announce their leadership positions to the House of Representatives.
- May 09: Hawke Minister John Kerin comments on the leadership changes in the Opposition.
- May ?: Liberal MP Bruce Goodluck asks a question of Bob Hawke in the House.
- May ?: National Party MP Michael Cobb introduces a private members bill on flag desecration to the House.
- May ?: Labor Senator Robert Ray comments on letterhead changes in the coalition.
- Sep 22: The final 30-minute edition of the ABC’s NewsVoice program. An interesting reflection on 15 years of radio news broadcasting.