- May 14: Senator Meg Lees, Leader of the Australian Democrats, responds to Harradine’s annnouncement of his opposition to the GST.
- Sep 18: Victorian Opposition Leader Steve Bracks speaks to ALP supporters on election night. The ALP secured an unexpected swing which eventually saw the Kennett government defeated. But that was a month later.
- Oct 18: Victorian Premier Jeff Kennett’s press conference following the announcement by the three independent members that they would support an ALP Bracks government.
- Nov: Bob Stensholt, ALP candidate for the Burwood by-election, delivered a video to homes in the electorate. The by-election was caused by the resignation of Jeff Kennett, following his defeat in the September election. Stensholt won the seat and held it for the next 11 years.
- May 11, 1999: Treasurer Peter Costello’s 1999 Budget Speech
- May 13, 1999: Kim Beazley’s 1999 Budget Reply Speech
- May 14, 1999: Senator Brian Harradine Opposes the GST
- Jun 30, 1999: Tim Fischer To Retire On July 20
- Jul 01, 1999: John Howard’s Address to the Nation on Tax Reform
- Jul 08, 1999: Kim Beazley Address On Taxation Reform And The GST
- Oct 03, 1999: Paul Keating’s ALP Life Membership Speech Of Acceptance