- Jan 15: Mike Huckabee concession speech – Republican Party Michigan primary (6m)
- Jan 15: Mitt Romney victory speech – Republican Party Michigan primary (7m)
- Jan 28: State of the Union Address – President George W. Bush (54m)
- Feb 05: Super Tuesday primary election speeches
- Barack Obama (21m)
- Hillary Clinton (11m)
- John McCain (7m)
- Mike Huckabee (9m)
- Mitt Romney (9m)
- Barack Obama (21m)
- Feb 13: Apology to the Stolen Generations – Prime Minister Kevin Rudd (30m)
- Feb 13: Apology to the Stolen Generations – Opposition Leader Brendan Nelson (21m)
- Feb 13: Question Time – House of Representatives – first sitting day of Rudd Labor government (86m)
- Feb 19: Julie Bishop WorkChoices press conference (25m)
- Mar 04: PM Kevin Rudd and Treasurer Wayne Swan interest rates press conference (24m)
- Mar 04: Mike Huckabee withdraws from the Republican nomination contest (15m)
- Mar 04: Senator John McCain claims the Republican Party presidential nomination (16m)
- Apr 15: Kevin Rudd and Chris Bowen FuelWatch press conference (19m)
- May 13: Budget Speech – Treasurer Wayne Swan’s first Budget (34m)
- May 14: Treasurer Wayne Swan addresses the National Press Club on the Budget (55m)
- May 15: Opposition Leader Brendan Nelson’s Budget Reply speech (30m)
- May 21: Shadow Treasurer Malcolm Turnbull addresses the National Press Club on the Budget(56m)
- May 28: Wayne Swan and Chris Bowen press conference on FuelWatch (8m)
- Jul 03: Council of Australian Governments (COAG) press conference (44m)
- Jul 04: Ross Garnaut addresses the National Press Club on the Draft Report on Climate Change(57m)
- Jul 07: Tasmanian Greens MP Peg Putt’s resignation speech (25m)
- Jul 15: Kevin Rudd address to World Youth Day opening (6m)
- Jul 16: Climate Change Minister Penny Wong addresses the National Press Club on the Climate Change Green Paper (59m)
- Aug 27: Hillary Clinton moves the nomination of Barack Obama at the US Democratic Party Convention (5m)
- Aug 27: Prime Minister Kevin Rudd addresses the National Press Club (57m)
- Sep 22: New Liberal Opposition Leader Malcolm Turnbull announces his shadow ministry (20m)
- Sep 24: President George W. Bush address to the nation on the financial crisis (13m)
- Sep 25: Kevin Rudd’s Address to the United Nations (3m)
- Sep 26: First Presidential Election Debate – Barack Obama and John McCain (96m)
- Sep 27: Julia Gillard addresses the AFL Grand Final North Melbourne Breakfast (6m)
- Sep 27: Malcolm Turnbull addresses the AFL Grand Final North Melbourne Breakfast (4m)
- Oct 02: Council of Australian Governments (COAG) press conference (34m)
- Oct 02: US Vice-Presidential Election Debate – Joe Biden and Sarah Palin (92m)
- Oct 05: Queensland Labor MP Ronan Lee announces his defection to the Greens (19m)
- Oct 07: Kevin Rudd and Wayne Swan interest rates press conference (13m)
- Oct 07: Republican Vice-Presidential candidate Sarah Palin speaks in Jacksonville, Florida (15m)
- Oct 07: Second Presidential Election Debate – Barack Obama and John McCain (94m)
- Oct 09: Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard global financial crisis press conference (29m)
- Oct 10: President George W. Bush statement on the global financial crisis (9m)
- Oct 12: Kevin Rudd bank deposits guarantee press conference
- Jan 28, 2008: Bush Delivers 2008 State Of The Union AddressFull text and audio of President George W. Bush’s final State of the Union Address, on January 28, 2008.
- Feb 11, 2008: Rudd Sends More Peacekeepers To East TimorAudio of Prime Minister Kevin Rudd’s press conference announcing that more Australian peacekeeping personnel will be sent to East Timor. The decision follows the assassination attempt on the East Timorese President Jose Ramos-Horta.
- Feb 13, 2008: Kevin Rudd’s Speech On The Apology To The Stolen GenerationsText, audio and video of Prime Minister Kevin’s Rudd speech in the House of Representatives offering an Apology to the Stolen Generations.
- Feb 13, 2008: Brendan Nelson Supports Stolen Generations ApologyFull text and audio of Opposition Leader Brendan Nelson’s speech to the House of Representatives on the Apology to the Stolen Generations.
- May 13, 2008: 2008-09 Federal Budget: Full Text Of Treasurer’s SpeechFull text and audio of Treasurer Wayne Swan’s first Budget speech to the House of Representatives.
- Sep 26, 2008: Kevin Rudd Addresses the United Nations General AssemblyText and Audio of Prime Minister Kevin Rudd’s Address to the General Assembly of the United Nations. (Sept 26, 2008)
- Sep 27, 2008: Gillard Sledges Turnbull At Grand Final BreakfastAudio of Opposition Leader Malcolm Turnbull and Deputy Prime Minister Julia Gillard at the North Melbourne AFL Grand Final Breakfast.
- Sep 27, 2008: McCain and Obama Meet In First Presidential DebateAudio of Senators Barack Obama and John McCain in the first presidential election debate of 2008.
- Oct 02, 2008: COAG Meets In Shadow Of Global Financial CrisisAudio of COAG press conference and PDF download of the COAG Communique. It was the first COAG meeting since the election of the Rudd Government which included a Liberal Premier, Colin Barnett, from Western Australia. COAG agreed that the present unprecedented upheaval in global financial markets and renewed international scrutiny of their regulation ...
- Oct 09, 2008: “It’s Really Bad, But Economy In Strong Shape,” Says RuddAudio of Kevin Rudd and Julia Gillard press conference. Rudd said the international financial situation is “really bad, let’s not mince words about it”, but he emphasised the soundness of the Australian banking system. Rudd said that the financial crisis would have a direct impact on superannuation funds.
- Oct 12, 2008: Federal Government Guarantees All Deposits For 3 YearsAudio of Prime Minister Kevin Rudd’s press conference announcing that the government is to guarantee all deposits in Australian banks and financial institutions for the next three years, as part of its response to the global financial crisis.
- Oct 14, 2008: Rudd Announces $10.4 Billion Economic Stimulus PackageThe Federal Government has announced an “economic security package” containing 5 initiatives worth $10.4 billion, including a boost to pensions, assistance to first home buyers and low income earners, more training places, and a “bringing forward” of infrastructure plans.
- Oct 14, 2008: Turnbull Offers Support For Economic Stimulus PackageThe Leader of the Opposition, Malcolm Turnbull, has offered support to the economic stimulus package announced today by the Rudd government. Speaking at a press conference with Deputy Leader Julie Bishop, Turnbull said: “We welcome the Government’s announcement today, especially for Australia’s age pensioners who have been denied justice for too long.”
- Oct 15, 2008: Rudd Addresses National Press Club On Financial CrisisPrime Minister Kevin Rudd has made his first appearance at the National Press Club since last year’s election to speak about the global financial crisis and the package of measures announced by the government yesterday.
- Nov 04, 2008: Viewed Wins Melbourne Cup; 12th For Trainer Bart CummingsAudio and video of the 2008 Melbourne Cup, won by the Bart Cummings-trained Viewed.
- Nov 05, 2008: A MOMENT OF HISTORY IN AMERICA AS OBAMA CLAIMS THE PRESIDENCYText, audio and video of Barack Obama’s 2008 election night victory speech.
- Nov 05, 2008: Rudd Congratulates Obama On Election WinText and Audio of Prime Minister Kevin Rudd congratulating Barack Obama on his election as the 44th President of the United States.
- Nov 08, 2008: Labour Defeated In New Zealand Election; Clark QuitsThe New Zealand Labour Party government has been defeated in today’s general election. Prime Minister Helen Clark has conceded defeat and announced her resignation as Labour leader. Listen to audio of Clark’s election concession speech.