- Jan 20, 2006: Howard Pays Tribute To Hill
- Jan 20, 2006: Resignation Statement by Senator Robert Hill
- Jan 20, 2006: Hill Confirms Resignation; UN Diplomatic Appointment Expected Soon
- Jan 24, 2006: Details of Howard Government’s Ministerial Changes
- Jan 25, 2006: John Howard’s Australia Day Address to the National Press Club
- Jan 31, 2006: President Bush’s 2006 State of the Union Address
- Jan 20: Senator Robert Hill announces his retirement from the Howard Cabinet.
- Jan 20: Prime Minister John Howard pays tribute to retiring minister Senator Robert Hill.
- Jan 24: John Howard announces a ministerial reshuffle.
- Jan 25: John Howard addresses the National Press Club.
- Jan 31: President George Bush’s State of the Union Address.
- Feb 14, 2006: Decimal Currency 40th Anniversary
- Feb 14: On the 40th anniversary of the introduction of decimal currency in Australia, a flashback to Ian Turpie singing The Decimal Point.
- Feb 17: John Howard’s eulogy for Kerry Packer.
- Mar 01: Treasurer Peter Costello addresses the National Press Club.
- Mar 02: John Howard and Health Minister Tony Abbott at a press conference on abortion counselling.
- Mar 03: John Howard and Industrial Relations Minister Kevin Andrews press conference to announce the appointment of Nicholas Wilson as Executive Director of the Office of WorkPlace Services.
- Apr 30, 2006: Let’s Impeach The President: Neil Young
- May 07, 2006: Richard Carleton: From The Dismissal To Beaconsfield
- May 09, 2006: Treasurer Peter Costello Delivers 2006 Federal Budget
- May 07: Following the death of Richard Carleton at the site of the Beaconsfield mine collapse in Tasmania, this recording is of Carleton addressing Victorian teachers on politics and the media in 1976.
- May 09: Peter Costello delivers the Federal Budget for 2006-07 in the House of Representatives.
- May 11: Opposition Leader Kim Beazley’s Budget address-in-reply in the House of Representatives.
- Jun 11: Kim Beazley’s speech to the NSW ALP Conference.
- Jun 22: John Howard’s statement to the House of Representatives on Iraq.
- Jun 22: Kim Beazley’s statement to the House of Representatives on Iraq.
- Jul 31, 2006: Howard’s Letter to MPs; Costello Says He’s Staying
- Jul 10: Treasurer Peter Costello speaks to the media about claims by Ian MacLachlan that there was a deal between Costello and Howard in 1994 on the Liberal leadership.
- Jul 10: Prime Minister John Howard responds to the MacLachlan claims and Costello’s response, denying there was a deal over the leadership.
- Jul 11: John Howard comments again on the MacLachlan and Costello claims about negotiations over the Liberal leadership in the Dec 1994 – Jan 1995 period.
- Jul 11: John Howard press conference on the Liberal leadership.
- Jul 12: Peter Costello’s press conference on the Liberal leadership.
- Jul 14: Council of Australian Government’s press conference – Prime Minister Howard and State Premiers and Chief Ministers.
- Jul 31: Peter Costello’s press conference responding to John Howard’s announcement that he intended to stay as leader until the election.
- Aug 15, 2006: Beattie Calls Queensland Election For September 9
- Aug 29, 2006: Don Chipp, Founder Of Australian Democrats, Dies At 81
- Dec 25, 2006: Queen Elizabeth II’s 2006 Christmas Broadcast