- Jan 17: President Barack Obama’s Martin Luther King Day speech.
- Jan 18: Victorian Transport Minister Lynne Kosky’s resignation press conference.
- Jan18: Victorian Premer John Brumby comments on Lynne Kosky’s resignation.
- Jan 20: Shadow Treasurer Joe Hockey accuses Kevin Rudd of rewriting history.
- Jan 20: Prime Minister Kevin Rudd’s speech to the Community Cabinet audience at Magill in South Australia.
- Jan 24: Kevin Rudd’s speech at Sydney’s Australia Day reception.
- Jan 25: Kevin Rudd’s speech to Australian of the Year nominees.
- Jan 27: President Barack Obama’s State of the Union Address.
- Jan 27: Treasurer Wayne Swan’s press conference on the latest economic data.
- Feb 08: Tony Abbott on housewives and ironing.
- Feb 08: Kelly O’Dwyer, new Liberal member for Higgins, delivers her first speech to the House of Representatives.
- Feb 08: Malcolm Turnbull’s speech to the House of Representatives on the ETS legislation.
- Feb 09: Barnaby Joyce doorstop media conference.
- Feb 09: Paul Fletcher, new Liberal member for Bradfield, delivers his first speech to the House of Representatives.
- Feb 19: Environment Minister Peter Garrett’s press conference called to announce the end of the insulation program.
- Feb 19: Tony Abbott responds to the insulation changes announced by Garrett.
- Mar 03: Kevin Rudd announces hospital reforms at the National Press Club.
- Mar 07: Tony Abbott appears on 60 Minutes and discussed his attitude to homosexuality.
- Mar 08: Tony Abbott appears on Lateline and is asked about his comments on homosexuality.
- Mar 13: Tony Abbott on Rudd’s health plans.
- Mar 20: Tasmanian ALP Premier David Bartlett speaks on the outcome of the state election.
- Mar 20: Tasmanian Liberal Opposition Leader Will Hodgman speaks on the outcome of the state election.
- Mar 20: South Australian ALP Premier Mike Rann speaks on the outcome of the state election.
- Mar 22: My discussion with Mark Parton about the weekend elections on Canberra radio 2CC.
- Mar 23: Kevin Rudd and Tony Abbott debate health care reform at the National Press Club.
- Mar 23: Tony Abbott comments on the worm’s adjudication of the health debate.
- Mar 31: “We all have to live with shit,” says Tony Abbott.
- Jun 18: Greg O’Mahoney, appearing on Sky News Agenda, comments on Kevin Rudd’s chances of surviving another week as Prime Minister.
- Jun 18: Kevin Rudd did not know it at the time but this was his final appearance on Channel 7′s Sunrise as Prime Minister.
- Jun 18: On Sky News The Contrarians, Tom Switzer predicts a move against Kevin Rudd.
- Jun 19: Victory speech from Stuart Ayres, the Liberal candidate in the NSW Penrith by-election. There was a 25% swing against the ALP. The ALP primary vote dropped to 25%.
- Jun 23: On Sky News AM Agenda, Jason Clare (ALP), Scott Morrison (Lib) and Peter Van Onselen discuss the state of Kevin Rudd’s leadership. (8.30am)
- Jun 23: The Minister for Defence, Senator John Faulkner, and the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Stephen Smith, hold a press conference on Australia’s Afghanistan commitment.
- June 23: John Faulkner is asked, “as an elder statesman of the Labor Party,” whether there are any circumstances under which he would tap the Prime Minister on the shoulder before the election. Stephen Smith also responds. (1.55pm)
- June 23: On Sky News PM Agenda, journalists Josh Gordon and Lenore Taylor discuss the state of the Rudd government. (4.15pm)
- Jun 23: ABC Television News, 7.00pm – the first news of a challenge to Prime Minister Kevin Rudd’s leadership.
- Jun 24: Julia Gillard and Wayne Swan hold their first press conference as Prime Minister-elect and Deputy Prime Minister-elect. “There will be some days I delight you, there may be some days when I disappoint you.”
- Jul 15: Julia Gillard’s pre-election speech to the National Press Club.
- Jul 15: Laurie Oakes asks Gillard about the events of June 23 when Kevin Rudd’s leadership was challenged.
- Aug 08: Opposition Leader Tony Abbott’s speech at the Liberal Party’s campaign launch.
- Aug 16: Queensland Premier Anna Bligh introduces the ALP’s official campaign launch in Brisbane.
- Aug 16: Deputy Prime Minister Wayne Swan spoke at the ALP’s official campaign launch in Brisbane.
- Aug 16: Former Labor Prime Minister Bob Hawke addressed the ALP’s official campaign launch in Brisbane.
- Aug 16: Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s speech at the official launch of the ALP’s election campaign in Brisbane, five days before the election.
- Aug 21: Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s election night speech.
- Aug 21: Opposition Leader Tony Abbott’s election night speech.
- Aug 31: Julia Gillard Address to the National Press Club.
- Sep 18: Julia Gillard’s Chifley Memorial Light on the Hill speech in Bathurst.
- Nov 03: On Lateline, Kevin Rudd fields questions about Julia Gillard and Lindsay Tanner.
- Nov 07: On Channel 9, Laurie Oakes asks Julia Gillard about her ALP vision.
- Nov 10: President Barack Obama delivered a keynote speech at the University of Indonesia in Jakarata.
- Dec 20: The Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, accompanied by Wayne Swan, Senator Conroy, Senator Wong, and the Chairman of NBNCo, Mike Quigley, held a press conference in Canberra to release the NBN Business Case report.