The great enemy of clear language is insincerity.Political language…is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
– George Orwell, writer (1903-1950)
- Political Language
- Daily Media Quotation – a daily selection of political comment from the Australian press
- A collection of quotations, not necessarily political
- The Political Cliche Site – billed as “An Arsenal of Cliches for the Successful American Politician”
- Eulogy on the Dog – The courtroom address of George Vest (1870)
Words – so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them.
– Nathaniel Hawthorne, writer (1804-1864)