DFAT is one of the “glamour” departments in the Australian Public Service.
A prestigious ministry always held by a senior member of the government, DFAT’s relationship with its minister and the Prime Minister is integral to an understanding of how foreign policy is developed.
- DFAT – Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Web-Site
- The Role of the Departments of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Brief History of Dept. Of Foreign Affairs
- History of DFATDownload a PDF version of the DFAT organisational chart
- Foreign Affairs Ministers Since 1901