- Trade Fast Facts
- Composition of Australian Trade 2009-10 – PDF document with comprehensive facts and figures, graphs and tables
Australia-United States Free Trade Agreement
- The World’s Largest Economies – Australia ranks 15th in a listing of national economies measured by GDP.
- Opening Markets – a document from DFAT that discusses the importance of liberalising Australia’s trading relations (PDF)
- Australia’s Trade With The Middle East – some interesting statistics on Australia’s exports to Iraq and the Middle East, compiled in the light of the US ‘war on terror’.
- Australia’s Relations With Japan – a speech by Prime Minister John Howard discussing Australia’s bilateral relationship with Japan (April 29, 2001)
- Closer Economic Relations (CER) With New Zealand – this document from DFAT is a background guide to the Australia-New Zealand Economic Relationship.
- 20th Anniversary of CER: Speech by Peter Costello [Feb 20, 2003]
- Oct 16, 2003: Asia’s Role in Australia’s Future: Ian Macfarlane, Governor of the Reserve Bank – a good speech containing useful statistics on the Australian economy in comparison to the rest of the world
- May 05, 2003: Minor Parties Oppose Free Trade Agreement
- Oct 16, 2002: Despite Bali, Stay Engaged With Asia: Costello – a good speech containing data on Australia’s trading arrangements with Asia.
- Aug 08, 2002: Australia Wins China LNG Contract
- Jan 01, 2013: Malaysia Free Trade Agreement Comes Into Force
- Oct 28, 2012: Gillard Launches Asian Century White Paper
- Oct 09, 2012: Australia Becomes The World’s 12th Largest Economy
- Sep 14, 2012: Asia-Ready People, Asia-Ready Policies: Wayne Swan Speech
- Dec 10, 2010: The Future of Trade Policy in an Uncertain World: Emerson
- Oct 13, 2008: Rudd Meets With Vietnamese Prime Minister
- Feb 14, 2007: U.S. Ambassador Hasn’t Read ANZUS Treaty
- Oct 07, 2005: Australia’s Trade Performance: Speech by Kevin Rudd
- Jan 29, 2005: Howard Talks Of Trade, Plays Down Chances In Werriwa
- Jan 28, 2005: Howard Has Trade Talks With World Leaders In Davos
- Feb 09, 2004: Howard Defends Free Trade Agreement With U.S.
- Feb 20, 2003: Costello: Australia & New Zealand Siblings With A Common Heritage & A Shared Future
- Jun 08, 2002: Trade Issues On Agenda For Howard’s American Visit
- May 07, 2002: Advancing The National Interest: Australia’s Foreign Policy Challenge
- Jul 26, 2001: Costello Defends Globalisation; Speech Stakes Out Election Position And Leadership Credentials
- Apr 29, 2001: John Howard Speech: Australia’s Relations With Japan
- Dec 06, 1999: World Trade Talks Collapse; Australian Farmers Lose Out
- Jun 02, 1998: Pauline Hanson’s Speech to Parliament on the MAI