Informal voting in Australia is a sometimes controversial aspect of the electoral system. Rules differ between the House of Representatives and the Senate, sometimes causing confusion.
House of Representatives
- Informal Voting Statistics – 1983-2010 – Tasmania – ACT – NT
- Analysis of 2004 Federal Election Informal Votes – AEC Research Paper (PDF)
- Analysis of 2004 Informal Votes – Seat-by-seat – AEC Research Paper (PDF)
- Categories of Informal Voting 1987 – an interesting set of statistics showing how informal voters spoiled their ballot papers.
- Jun 01, 1988: Categories Of Informal Voting – 1987