The Overseas Loans Affair plagued the Whitlam government during 1975. In an attempt to bring the scandal to a head, Whitlam called a special one-day sitting of the House of Representatives.
More details are available on the companion website: WhitlamDismissal.com.
- Jul 09, 1975: Parliament recalled to debate Loans Affair
- Jul 09, 1975: Hansard text of the Loans Affair debate.
- Jul 09, 1975: Listen to Prime Minister Gough Whitlam’s speech (45m)
- Jul 09, 1975: Listen to Opposition Leader Malcolm Fraser’s speech (34m)
- Jul 09, 1975: Listen to Minerals and Energy Minister Rex Connor’s speech (29m)