This is a selection of audio clips from the 1975 Federal Election campaign.
A more complete collection is available from the companion website, WhitlamDismissal.com.
- Nov 24: Whitlam’s Policy Speech – This speech was delivered at Melbourne’s Festival Hall and televised nationally. Full text and audio
- Nov 24: The crowd chants We Want Gough
- Nov 24: “Men and Women of Australia” – Whitlam’s Opening words
- Nov 26: Fraser’s Policy Speech – The caretaker Prime Minister’s speech complete with interjectors.
- Nov: Anthony’s Policy Speech – The National Party leader and Deputy Prime Minister.
- Turn On The Lights: The Liberal Party’s campaign song, performed by Renee Geyer. This song accompanied a television commercial which showed a montage of the Whitlam Government’s “three dark years” in office: Lionel Murphy’s ASIO raid, the Gair affair, unemployment, inflation, the loans affair, the sacking of Dr. Jim Cairns, industrial unrest, etc.
- Nov 27: Whitlam comments on policies
- Whitlam says it’s the first time the burglar has been made caretaker.
- David Combe, ALP National Secretary, discusses the ALP’s mood.
- David Combe discusses the Opinion Polls.
- Whitlam talks about the coup.
- Whitlam on education spending.
- Whitlam on Fraser’s conduct.
- Whitlam on 3-year parliamentary terms.
- Whitlam talks about the crowds attending election meetings.
- Whitlam speaks at Norwood High School in Melbourne.
- Shirley Jacobs sings The Labor Way.
- An election crowd chants We Want Gough.
- Dec 09: Whitlam speaks at an election rally in Cronulla