Can You Help?

This website is in imminent danger of being shut down. It has been online since 1995, but the personal circumstances of the owner, Malcolm Farnsworth, are such that economies have to be made. Server costs and suchlike have become prohibitive. At the urging of people online, I have agreed to see if Patreon provides a solution. More information is available at the Patreon website. If you are able to contribute even $1.00/month to keep the site running, please click the Patreon button below.

Become a Patron!

Abbott’s Road Trip Takes Him To Port Macquarie

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott’s truck ride from Queensland to New South Wales today took him to Port Macquarie in the electorate of Lyne.

Tony Abbott

Abbott revealed this week that he has acquired a truck driver’s licence. His driving trip started in Brisbane and will end in Terrigal.

Abbott said parts of the Pacific Highway are like a “1970s goat track”.

Opposition leader Tony Abbott says a coalition federal government will provide the funds to finish the upgrade of the east coast Pacific Highway from its first day in office.

Mr Abbott, who is driving a semi-trailer down the highway toward Sydney, said parts of the route are like a “1970s goat track”. He said a coalition government would provide money to finish the upgrade of the road “from the word go”. He said a coalition government would provide 80%, or $5.6 billion, with NSW providing the remaining 20%.

Infrastructure minister Anthony Albanese says the Labor government had already provided $4.1 billion and set aside its share of funding to complete the full duplication.

  • Listen to Abbott’s speech to supporters in Port Macquarie (10m)
  • Watch Abbott’s media conference discussing the state of the Pacific Highway (6m)
Print Friendly, PDF & Email