The federal government has targeted the Liberal National Party candidate for Fisher, Mal Brough, after today’s Federal Court decision in the James Ashby-Peter Slipper sexual harassment case.
In a range of media appearances this afternoon, the Attorney-General, Nicola Roxon, the Trade Minister, Craig Emerson, and the Education Minister, Peter Garrett, have called for Brough to stand down over his role in the case.
The calls came after the harassment case was dismissed as an abuse of process. Brough’s role is canvassed in detail in the judgment.
Education Minister Peter Garrett also commented on the Slipper-Ashby case in a media conference called to discuss reports about Australia’s rankings in international education tests.
- Listen to Nicola Roxon’s media conference (11m)
- Listen to Nicola Roxon debate George Brandis on ABC 774 (22m)
- Listen to Craig Emerson interviewed by David Speers on Sky News (8m)
- Listen to Peter Garrett’s media conference (11m)
- Watch Craig Emerson on ABC’s 7.30 (7m)